Friday, March 28, 2008

An end to Humanity

While riding my bike to work the other day I saw this bumper sticker. And I gotta say I completely agree with it. Being a hardened Atheist I have the unique ability to look at magical belief systems a little bit more objectively then those who believe in magic. But I would like to take this one step further, I would like to start seeing a similar bumper sticker / brand message that says "You can't be Catholic & Religious Tolerant".

At the root of any religion is a stern belief that this and only this scripture is "it", there is no room or tolerance for any other beliefs. And in fact to even entertain another view would be sacrilegious, in that it would completely undermine the entire premise. Now i'm not sure how other religions feel on abortion but this new sticker idea is very flexible. It will pretty much work for any religion, start cashing in now!

In House of Scoshua's continuing coverage of "God either doesn't exist or hates humanity"

In northeastern India a woman thought to be a witch was tied to a tree and beaten.

And in Wisconsin an 11 year old girl dies from a very treatable form of diabetes as her parents leave her fate in gods hands with prayer.

No comments: