Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Army Invades my Entertainment

So the same day I posted an entry regarding the U.S. Army's ad placement logic on SuperDeluxe.com, they again invade my entertainment happiness. Later that night I went to go see The Golden Compass. It wasn't really that great. While I did enjoy the negative Christianity over/under tones, the film itself took so long to get off the ground. To make matters worse there are still 2 additional movies that will have to be released in this trilogy in order to complete the story. I think one of my biggest complaints SPOILER ALERT no major character dies. In classic epic story telling you kind of need an element like that. Nicole Kidman is quite magical looking but she has this really weird wavy line thing going on under her nose?

Ok I digress lets get to the U.S. Army part. We get to the theater about 5-10 mins before the movie starts and during the time where most theaters have stupid movie trivia games projected on the screen, this is what the audience of the 9:30 pm showing of The Golden Compass was treated to.

Thanks Propaganda Machine! Want to see the site for this grand piece of propaganda? - go here.

No comments: